Vision, Mission, Beliefs Statements
Laurens District 55 High School will be a school of excellence and equity in educational practices for each learner.
The mission of Laurens District 55 High School is to create a community of learners who are responsible and productive citizens.
"To thee, our Alma MaterWe are true, and ever will remain,Thy praise and honorWe will ever sing, together one refrain.You help us face our futureNow as in days of old.We'll carry forth thy banner,The flag of green and gold."
Tabby HugheyClass of 1973
We believe that…
• Children are our most valuable resource.
• Every individual can learn and be successful.
• Every individual can make a valuable contribution to society.
• The total education of our children is the shared responsibility of our students, parents, schools, government, and community.
• The family is the primary influence in the development of an individual.
• A diversified education strengthens individuals and society.
• Every individual deserves to be treated with dignity, fairness and respect.
• Each individual has different needs and deserves equal opportunities for success in learning. • Excellence is achievable through high expectations and continuous improvement.
• Every individual has the right to learn in a safe, clean and comfortable environment.
• Learning is a life-long process.
• Every individual deserves a relevant and challenging education that prepares him/her for the future.
• All school decisions should be based on data and meet the needs of our learning community.