Vision, Mission, Beliefs Statements
5 days ago
Laurens District 55 High School will be a school of excellence and equity in educational practices for each learner.
The mission of Laurens District 55 High School is to create a community of learners who are responsible and productive citizens.
We believe that…
• Children are our most valuable resource.
• Every individual can learn and be successful.
• Every individual can make a valuable contribution to society.
• The total education of our children is the shared responsibility of our students, parents, schools, government, and community.
• The family is the primary influence in the development of an individual.
• A diversified education strengthens individuals and society.
• Every individual deserves to be treated with dignity, fairness and respect.
• Each individual has different needs and deserves equal opportunities for success in learning. • Excellence is achievable through high expectations and continuous improvement.
• Every individual has the right to learn in a safe, clean and comfortable environment.
• Learning is a life-long process.
• Every individual deserves a relevant and challenging education that prepares him/her for the future.
• All school decisions should be based on data and meet the needs of our learning community.